18/06/2007

Smiling Is Infectious And Certainly Makes You Feel Good

If ever I am feeling a bit down I just smile. There's something about the action that just makes me feel better even if I have nothing specific to smile about, and I just love the following poem.
Smiling

Smiling is infectious, you catch it like the 'flu
When someone smiled at me today I started smiling too
I passed around the corner and someone saw my grin
When he smiled I realised I'd passed it on to him

I thought about that little smile then realised its worth
A single smile, just like mine could travel round the earth
So if you feel a smile begin don't leave it undetected
Let's start an epidemic quick and get the world infected!

Today, however, I had good reason to smile. I received the following in an e-mail from a very good friend and although I've read them before they just brightened up my day.

Hope they do the same for you.

Did I Read That Sign Right?

On a Restroom DoorToilet
Out of order. Please use the floor below.

In a Laundromat
Automatic washing machines. Please remove all your clothes when the light goes out.

In a London department store
Bargain basement upstairs.

In an office
Would the person who took the step ladder yesterday please bring it back or further steps will be taken.

In an office
After tea break staff should empty the teapot and stand upside down on the draining board.

Outside a second-hand shop
We exchange anything – bicycles, washing machines, etc. Why not bring your wife along and get a wonderful bargain?

Notice in health food shop window
Closed due to illness.

Spotted in a safari park
Elephants please stay in your cars.

Seen during a conference
For anyone who has children and doesn't know it, there is day care on the 1st floor.

Notice in a farmer's field
The farmer allows walkers to cross the field for free, however, the bull charges.

Message on a leaflet
If you cannot read, this leaflet will tell you how to get lessons.

On a repair shop door

We can repair anything. (Please knock hard on the door – the bell doesn't work).


www.jeanshaw.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is remarkable, rather valuable message

Anonymous said...

[... ] is one nice source of information on this subject[...]